It's the first Saturday of the new year and time for the first Saturday Night Genealogy Fun of 2021! Let's see what Randy Seaver has in store for us tonight:
Here is your assignment, should you decide to accept it (you ARE reading this, so I assume that you really want to play along; cue the Mission: Impossible! music!):
(1) It's the New Year, and many readers and bloggers have already made resolutions, or goals, or plans for one or more tasks or projects. Or they haven't yet, but could or should.
(2) For this SNGF, please tell us what plans you've made, or what goals you've stated, or what resolutions you've averred for 2021. Writing them down may help you achieve them. Do one or more, as you wish.
(3) Put it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook post. Please leave a link in a comment to this post so readers can find your resolutions/goals/plans.
I decided to start by looking at my post from 2020 about my plans for that year. I didn't accomplish either one of the only two goals I set, but I did have shoulder surgery and recovery time to deal with, so I'll use that as my excuse. I guess I better redouble my efforts this year. Here are last year's goals, repeated verbatim:
1. I will get back to work on finding the ever elusive Mr. X (probably Mundy), my paternal grandfather's biological father. I've gone back far enough with no lines that come down to the present day that if/when I finally find someone connected to this line, it will be a distant enough cousin that DNA will probably not be helpful. So I'm going to change my approach to looking for more documentation for my likely candidate, in particular photographs. If I can find a photo of Bert Mundy and he looks a lot like my grandfather, I may grudgingly accept that as "proof" that he was my boilogical great-grandfather.
2. I want to catch up on data entry in my family tree program. I actually coughed up good money to retrieve all the data from my failed hard drive, including Family Tree Maker. Now I need to see if it will run in a virtual environment on my Mac so that I can continue using the program I like.
I will add that one of the problems that delayed #2 is that my hard drive on my Mac is full, and I'm still trying to finish adding a larger hard drive, reconfiguring things, etc. As for goal #1, I just didn't work on it. Oops!
Because I already announced my 2021 goals in this post, I'm also sharing it on The Family Heart's January Genealogy Blog Party!