1) Have you created a Timeline for one of your ancestors using a genealogy software program (e.g., Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic, Legacy, Reunion, etc.) or an online family Tree (e.g., Ancestry Member Tree, FamilySearch Family Tree, Geni, MyHeritage, etc.), or in a spreadsheet (e.g., Excel) or in a word processor table?
2) If not, try to create a timeline using the program/website of your choice. If so, create another one for the ancestor of your choice!
3) Show us your Timeline creation, and tell us how you did it. Which program/website did you use, the process you used, and how you captured the images to display your timeline.
4) Share your Timeline creation on your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or on Facebook or Google+.
1) and 2) I have created timelines previously, but I put this one together tonight.
3) I used Family Tree Maker 16 (I've seen no need to upgrade past that version) and created a genealogy report that included all the facts I had. I then exported the information in an RTF file and did some editing in Word. I copied and pasted from Word directly into this post. (I found it amusing that a timeline with fourteen entries has thirty-eight sources!) Because I did the timeline in a word processor, I don't have any images.
Like Randy's timeline, this is pretty plain, but it has all the information and is easy to read. I also would like to add more information, starting with what O.K.S.B. stands for.
4) So I'm sharing my timeline here on my blog, I'll add a comment to Randy's post, and it will show up on Facebook and Google+. I'm covering all the bases.