Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, Randy Seaver has given us something like Mad Libs for Thanksgiving.
Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission: Impossible music, please!):
1) This is a fun meme cohosted by McGuffy's Reader and 15 and Meowing (thanks to Suzanne McClendon on the P.S. Annie blog for the links).
2) Fill in the blanks for these four statements:
1. One Thanksgiving tradition I have is __________________________.
2. Black Friday ______________________________________________.
3. The best part about Thanksgiving Day is _______________________.
4. One Thanksgiving, _________________________________________.
Tell us in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or in a
Facebook or Google+ post. Be sure to drop a comment to this post if
you write your own blog post and link to it.
Here's my contribution:
1. One Thanksgiving tradition I have is trying to watch all three NFL games played. (I'm old enough to remember when it was just one game on Thanksgiving!) Unlike Randy, I don't try to keep up with my blog at the same time.
2. Black Friday is one of the ugliest examples of American consumerism ever created.
3. The best part about Thanksgiving Day is sharing the day with family and good friends.
4. One Thanksgiving, I received one of the highest compliments ever on my cooking. I made my version of Thanksgiving dinner for my roommate and a friend of hers: Cornish game hens with a rice dressing. My roommate and her friend were both Japanese-American. After we ate, the friend told me that my rice was excellent. I was more than a little proud (still am!).
Genealogy is like a jigsaw puzzle, but you don't have the box top, so you don't know what the picture is supposed to look like. As you start putting the puzzle together, you realize some pieces are missing, and eventually you figure out that some of the pieces you started with don't actually belong to this puzzle. I'll help you discover the right pieces for your puzzle and assemble them into a picture of your family.
Saturday, November 19, 2016
Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: Friendly Fill-Ins for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Oh I most definitely agree with your answer to #2!ReplyDelete
Thank you for your shout of for me, Annie (McGuffy's Reader) and Ellen (15 and Meowing). I hope that you enjoyed the fill-ins and that you will join the fun each week. :)
How nice of your friends to compliment your rice. I've never had a rice dressing, but I do remember that my mama cooked a Cornish hen once. I don't remember if I liked it or not, just that it was a tiny little thing.
Have a blessed weekend and a very Happy Thanksgiving!
You are very welcome! I always try to give credit where it is due. And thank you for reading my contribution.Delete
And a happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!