(1) We all have eight biological great-grandparents. Where and when were they born, where and when did they marry, and where and when did they die?
Well, we may all have eight great-grandparents biologically, but that doesn't mean we know who all eight of those people are.
• Someone, probably a man named Mundy. No idea when or where he was born or died. He did not marry my great-grandmother.
She was Laura May Armstrong, who was born May 7, 1882 in Bustleton, Florence Township, Burlington County, New Jersey. She was married at least once, November 7, 1903, to Cornelius Elmer Sellers (the only father my grandfather knew), in Mount Holly, Burlington County, New Jersey. She died October 23, 1970 in Niceville, Okaloosa County, Florida.
• Thomas Kirkland Gauntt was born May 23, 1870 in Fairview, Medford Township, Burlington County, New Jersey. He died January 21, 1951 in Mount Holly, Burlington County, New Jersey.
He married Jane Dunstan on September 2, 1891 in Greenland, Camden County (I think), New Jersey. She was born April 28, 1871 in Manchester, Lancashire, England and died August 1, 1954 in Mount Holly, Burlington County, New Jersey.
• Morris Mackler (originally Moishe Meckler) was born about 1882, probably in Kamenets Litovsk, Grodno gubernia, Russian Empire (now Kamyanyets, Belarus). He died July 27, 1953 in Brooklyn, Kings County, New York.
He married Minnie Zelda Nowicki (originally Mushe Zelda[?] Nowicki) about 1903, possibly in Porozowo, Grodno gubernia, Russian Empire (now Porazava, Belarus). She was born about 1880, probably in Porozowo. She died August 4, 1936 in Brooklyn, Kings County, New York.
• Joe Gordon (originally Joine Gorodetsky) was born about 1892, probably in Kamenets Podolsky, Podolia, Russian Empire (now Kamianets Podilskyi, Ukraine). He died May 2, 1955 in Brooklyn, Kings County, New York.
He married Sarah Libby Brainin (originally Sore Leiba Brainin) on April 4, 1914 in Manhattan, New York County, New York. She was born about 1890, possibly in Kreuzburg, Courland, Russian Empire (now Krustpils, Latvia). She died July 23, 1963 in Miami, Dade County, Florida.
Five of my great-grandparents were immigrants to the United States, four from the Russian Empire and one from England. Two of my great-grandparents were Jerseyites through and through. And I still don't know the name of my paternal grandfather's biological father. His adoptive father was born in Philadelphia but lived most of his life in New Jersey.
On my father's side, the three great-grandparents about whom I have information all died in New Jersey. On my mother's side, three of them died in Brooklyn, while the one who died most recently moved to Miami after she was widowed and died there.